My name is Joel Hughes and since before 2001 I’ve been helping people and organisations take their business online. This could be building or redesigning a website, setting up a WordPress blog, helping them with their ongoing web strategy, or training their team with skills such as Twitter, Linkedin or Blogging.
I can help you with:
- Websites (especially WordPress)
- Web strategy (helping you see the bigger picture online)
- Training (Twitter, WordPress, SEO etc)
Why work with me?
My clients always say that I’m very good at explaining things and that I don’t try and blind people with technical mumbo jumbo. People rightly believe that I’m on their side; looking to see how web technology can benefit their needs.
“Joel made me feel valued from the first moment I contacted him. When I asked my shortlist companies for a quote that is exactly what I received from everyone, except Joel. He wanted to meet me to find out what I really needed for my new business.”
If it’s a website you’re looking for then I can help. And I’ll be determined to create something of value to you & your business. Something which is focussed on your audience’s needs and something which truly reflects your products, your services, and your brand personality. In short, something which adds value to your business; something which helps entertain & engage customers & leads, and something that you and your team can be proud of.
Recent Blog Posts
- Help Wanted: Senior, Freelance, WordPress, Dev & Sysops (12/2/2015) - From January we’ll have an ongoing need for an adhoc, senior, freelance, WordPress Dev & sysops. By ad hoc; I mean that work is not on-site work. It will be on a remote, project by project basis. It will suit a person who juggles multiple projects from multiple clients. By senior I mean that this […]
- Plucking Figures Out The Air (11/26/2015) - This week I had my most retweeted tweet and shared item on LinkedIn: Now I was hesitant at sharing this Twitter DM exchange at first as, really, I’m not trying to embarrass anybody (hence no name), or mock them. No, that would be horrible. But this does show you a problem faced by web designers and digital […]
- Websites, ROI, and denial (5/24/2015) - I was speaking to someone the other day who is a business partner in a small company. Their website is poor; it has hobbled along the last couple of years; not getting the attention or investment it deserves – a familiar picture which I’m sure many businesses can sympathise with. The funny thing is this; […]
- Google & Mobile Friendly Websites etc (5/23/2015) - There has been a lot of news recently about Google & mobile friendly websites, I’d like to spend a few minutes giving you the low down about this… Google are now penalising websites that do not offer a positive mobile browsing experience. There, I’ve said it. They are doing this because stats tell us that more & more people […]
- 2015 – new year, new name (1/31/2015) - This year marks a change for my company; I’ll have been going for nearly 15 years and plans are shaping up for the future. For one thing there will be a new company name (all part of my grand plan). The eagle eyed amongst you may quip I had a new company name last year. Well, […]